The Brain Teaser: Scroll Down for your Solution
1. A criminal is sentenced to death. Before his execution, he is allowed to make a statement. If his statement is false, he will be hanged, and if his statement is true, he will be drowned. What should he say to confuse the jury and thus save his life?
2. Kevin is older than Trevor but younger than Mike. Trevor is younger than Sam who is younger than Mike. Kevin is younger than Sam. Who is the oldest?
3. What leaves the mouth resounding fresh, but is not a scent or object?
1. His statement must be I will be hanged. If they want to hang him, the sentence is true, and therefore, they will not be able to hang him. For the same reason, he cannot be drowned because his statement would be false and they could not drown him if his statement is false.
3. The word 'fresh'. Resounding also means echoin.