The Brain Teaser: Scroll Down for your Solution
The Number 6
1. Which is correct: Six and six IS eleven or six and six ARE eleven?
2. How many times can you subtract 6 from 36?
3. A: 1,2,3,4,5,7,8,9,10,11,13,14,15,16,17,19
B: 12,18, 20
What are the groups and why is the number 6 not included?
1. None. Six and six are twelve
2. Once, you would then be subtracting 6 from 30.
3. All numbers in group A are greater than the sum of all numbers they are divisible by [except for themselves]. I.e, 1+2+5<10. In group B, all numbers are less than the sum of all numbers they are divisible by [except for themselves]. I.e, 1+2+3+4+6>12. The number 6 is omitted because all numbers it is divisible by add up to 6. 1+2+3=6