The Brain Teaser: Scroll Down for your Solution
1. What is the largest amount of money you can have in coins and still not be able to make change for a dollar?
2. A woman lives in a skyscraper thirty-six floors high and served by several elevators which stop at each floor going up and down. Each morning she leaves her apartment and goes to one of the elevators. Whichever one she takes is three times more likely to be going up than down. Why?
3. Two men were being tried for murder. The jury found one man guilty and the other innocent. The judge turned to the guilty man and said, "Even though your guilt has been established, the law compels me to set you free." How could such a bizarre judgment occur?
1. Three quarters, four dimes, and four pennies, for a total of $1.19.
2. She lives on the 27th floor. The elevator came down from the 36th to the 28th floor - 9 floors; or it came up from the 1st to the 27th floor - 27 floors. Therefore there is a 3 to1 chance of it going up rather than down.
3. They were conjoined twins!