October 11th Trivia Solution
Trivia: The dictionary defines "trivia" as: Insignificant or inessential matters; trifles. I like to call them, small facts that don't make or break your day. A new trivia question posted daily. See below....
Daily Trivia Newsletter | All Of October Trivia Questions | Archives | Trivia Games, Puzzles and Downloads
Lycanthropy is a term derived from Greek. What does it mean?
- A psychiatric state in which the patient believes he or she is a wolf.
- An inductee of the cult of Zeus which held a yearly gathering on Mt. Lycaeus.
- A devotee of Lycos, the ancient Roman god whose feast was originally held on Halloween.
- A person with a deadly fear of wearing Lycra (which is used in the making of some Halloween costumes).
- The phenomenon of repercussion, the power of animal metamorphosis or of sending out a familiar, real or spiritual, as a messenger. The supernormal powers conferred by association with such a familiar are also attributed to the paranormal. Some superstitions found in Witchcraft can be close to lycanthropic beliefs, the occasional involuntary character of lycanthropy being almost the sole distinguishing feature. In another direction the phenomenon of repercussion is asserted to manifest itself in connection with the bush-soul of the West African and the nagual of Central America; but though there is no line of demarcation to be drawn on logical grounds, the assumed power of the magician and the intimate association of the bush-soul or the nagual with a human being are not termed lycanthropy. Nevertheless it will be well to touch on both these beliefs here.
Puzzle Books | Puzzle Magazines | Brain Teaser Games | Kindle Fun | Amazon and Your Done | Amazon Prime Free Trial | Free Kindle Reading App | Video Games | Family Night | Audible Books Free Trial | For Moms | I Love Food