November Brain Teasers
This site is owned and created by Kevin Hobbs
Brain Teasers: A brain teaser is a form of puzzle that requires thought to solve. It often requires thinking in unconventional ways with given constraints in mind; sometimes it also involves lateral thinking. Logic puzzles and riddles are specific types of brain teasers.
Today's can be found below....
Back To Daily Brain Teasers
The Daily Teaser Via E-mail For Free
Lies, Almost All Lies Here are ten numbered statements. How many of them are
1 Exactly one of these statements is false.
2 Exactly two of these statements are false.
3 Exactly three of these statements are false.
4 Exactly four of these statements are false.
5 Exactly five of these statements are false.
6 Exactly six of these statements are false.
7 Exactly seven of these statements are false.
8 Exactly eight of these statements are false.
9 Exactly nine of these statements are false.
10 Exactly ten of these statements are false.
Twice ten are six of us,
Six are but three of us,
Nine are but four of us;
What can we possibly be?
Would you know more of us?
Twelve are but six of us,
Five are but four, do you see?
What are we?
My head and tail both equal are,
My middle slender as a bee.
Whether I stand on head or heel
Is quite the same to you or me.
But if my head should be cut off,
The matter's true, though passing strange
Directly I to nothing change.
What am I?
1. What kind of room has no windows or doors?
2. A man gave one son 10 cents and another son was given 15
cents. What time is it?
3. "My grandson is about as many days as my son is weeks, and my grandson is as many months as I am in years. My grandson, my son and I together are 140 years. Can you tell me my age in years?"
1. An old lady left $33,333 to be divided equally among two fathers and two sons and each was to receive
$11,111. How was this possible?
2. There is one in a minute and two in a moment, but only one in a million years. What is it?
1. There are 2 ducks in front of 2 other ducks. There are 2 ducks behind 2 other ducks. There are 2 ducks beside 2 other ducks. How many ducks are
2. If you rearrange the letters UGNAIA, you would have the name of
River - Planet - City - Animal - Plant
Four men and four women are shipwrecked on a desert island. Eventually each one falls in love with one another, and is himself loved by one person. John falls in love with a girl who is in love with Jim. Arthur loves a girl who loves the man who loves Ellen. Mary is loved by the man who is loved by the girl who is loved by Bruce. Gloria hates Bruce and is hated by the man whom Hazel loves. Enigma: Who loves Arthur?
I'm a 5 digit number,
the first and last digits are the same and add up to an even
Multiply that number by its self and the number is under 10 and
That will be the fourth number.
Subtract five from it and it will be the second number.
Divide it in half and that is my third number.
What am I?
The Number 6
1. Which is correct: Six and six IS eleven or six and six ARE eleven?
2. How many times can you subtract 6 from 36?
3. A: 1,2,3,4,5,7,8,9,10,11,13,14,15,16,17,19
B: 12,18, 20
What are the groups and why is the number 6 not included?
The time is twenty-six minutes to one in the afternoon.
The year is 1978, and the date is May 6th.
What is the significance of this?
A woman was sitting in her hotel room when there was a knock at the door. She opened the door to see a man whom she had never seen before. He said, "Oh I'm sorry. I have made a mistake. I thought this was my room." He then went off down the corridor to the elevator. The woman went back into her room and phoned security to have the man apprehended. What made the woman so suspicious of the man.
1. Robert and David were preparing to have a water balloon fight. "No Fair" cried Robert, "You have 3 times as many as I do!" David said "Fine!" and gave Robert 10 more balloons. "Still not fair!" argued Robert, "You still have twice as many as I do." How many more balloons must David give Robert for them to have the same number?
2. A pregnant woman is preparing to name her seventh child.
Her children's names so far are Dominique, Regis, Michelle, Fawn, Sophie and
Lara. What will she name her next child -- Jessica, Katie, Abby or
A man is walking down a road with a basket of eggs. As he is walking he meets someone who buys one-half of his
eggs plus one-half of an egg. He walks a little further and meets another person who
buys one-half of his eggs plus one-half of an egg. After proceeding further he meets another person who
buys one-half of his eggs plus one half an egg. At this point he has sold all of his eggs, and he never broke an
egg. How many eggs did the man have to start with?
Which one of the five designs is least
like the other four?
Four of the words below have one significant feature in common which distinguishes them from the fifth word. Which is the odd man out?
You have 1023 lemons and 10 bags. You have to distribute these lemons in these 10 bags in any way you choose. But when I ask for a certain number of lemons you have to give them in terms of bags without transferring the lemons from other bags. How do you distribute the lemons?
Mixed Up Numbers and Time Teasers
1. Between noon and midnight, but not counting these times, how often will the minute hand and hour hand of a clock overlap?
2. If nine thousand, nine hundred nine dollars is written as $9,909,†
how should twelve thousand, twelve hundred twelve dollars be
3. How many 9's do you pass when you start at 1 and count up to 100?
Three Relationship Teasers
1. You are female. What relationship to you is your fatherís only son-in-law's mother-in-law's only daughter?
2. What is the closest relation that your mother's sister-in-law's brother-in-law could be to you?
3. A friend of mine's grandmother is younger than his father. How can this be possible?
Use a common phone keypad to decode all of these Thanksgiving words.
Example: 887539 = TURKEY
7867546 743 ______________
Uncle Clarence ate more turkey than Uncle Ethan.
Uncle Ethan ate less turkey than Uncle Morton.
Uncle Pete is a vegetarian.
Write "T" if the statement is true, "F" if it is false, and "C" if you cannot tell.
___Uncle Morton ate more turkey than Uncle Ethan.
___Uncle Clarence ate the most turkey.
___Uncle Morton may have eaten more turkey than Uncle Clarence.
___Uncle Pete ate less turkey than Uncle Ethan.
___Uncle Pete ate ham instead of turkey.
The local McDonald's restaurant is giving away Thanksgiving dinners.
To help stimulate business, they are offering :
Big Mac = 32 cents.
French Fries = 57 cents.
Quarter Pounder = 74 cents.
What will a Happy Meal cost?
Rearrange the letters to reveal words and phrases connected with Thanksgiving. Spelling counts!
1. g r i m l i p s
2. v e r s a t i l e
3. M e n o v e r b
4. M r. S i d T u c k
5. O h, m e!
6. e a r c l o s e s
7. b o w s h i n e
8. p r a t t l e
9. D e a r P a
10. b e a r d
4 Thanksgiving Riddles
1. If April showers bring May flowers, what do May flowers
2. Why do pilgrim's pants always fall down?
3. Why did the turkey rush his lunch?
4. What sound does a space turkey make?
Turkey Day Fun
1. The world's largest turkey was on display at a fair. Everyone was admiring it when suddenly a woman ran up and shot the turkey and left. Everyone knew her yet nobody made any attempts to stop or report her. Why?
2. What are unhappy cranberries called?
3. What part of the Turkey has the most feathers?
Ann, Mike, Lyn, and Bill, whose last names are Juarez, Newton, Myers, and Ken, each have a favorite Thanksgiving dish - turkey, dressing, cranberry sauce, and pumpkin pie. Sort out the clues and match up everything.
1. Juarez has her favorite dish after the main meal.
2. Mike loves his favorite dish with lots of onion and celery in it.
3. Myers has her favorite dish served in slices (light and dark).
4. Ann hates sweets.
5. Newton is allergic to cranberries.
The Number 8
1. Can you add eight 8's together so they add up to an even one thousand?
2. Without using the + or - signs, arrange five 8s so they equal 9.
3. What is the smallest integer, which, when multiplied by 2 gives a number consisting of only 8's?
Eight and five, last name and given,
We are one six six six even;
The first in cow, the last in oxen
Three in damsel, three in vixen.
What are we called?
One of five, I the only one,
One in cat, two in mitten,
Two are odd, five are even
Seven in all, one in seven.
You are on your way home after Thanksgiving with the family. You fill the gas tank of your nice new small car, which holds l0 gallons and gives you 25 miles to the gallon. That should get you home easily, as home is 220 miles away. Unfortunately, about 20 miles from home, the car stops, and you discover the tank is dry--obviously a leak, because you can see drops dripping. How many gallons of gasoline have you lost?
Five hundred begins it, five hundred ends it,
Five in the middle is seen;
First of all letters, the first of all figures,
Take up their stations between.
Join all together, and then you will bring
Before you the name of an eminent king.
Replace the asterisks by the correct mathematical signs to make the expression equal to 99.
16 * 12 * 2 * 3 = 99
Puzzle Books | Puzzle Magazines | Brain Teaser Games | Kindle Fun | Amazon and Your Done | Amazon Prime Free Trial | Free Kindle Reading App | Video Games | Family Night | Audible Books Free Trial | For Moms | I Love Food