July 22nd Brain Teaser Solution
Brain Teasers: A brain teaser is a form of puzzle that requires thought to solve. It often requires thinking in unconventional ways with given constraints in mind; sometimes it also involves lateral thinking. Logic puzzles and riddles are specific types of brain teasers.
Today's can be found below....
Brain Teaser Newsletter | All Of
Teasers | Archives | Brain
Teaser Games, Puzzles and Downloads
A Quiz For People Who Know Everything
1. There's one "sport" in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score or the leader until the contest ends. What is it?
2. What famous North American landmark is constantly moving backward?
3. Of all vegetables, only two can live to produce on their own for several growing seasons. All other vegetables must be replanted every year. What are the only two perennial vegetables?
4. Name the only sport in which the ball is always in possession of the team on defense, and the offensive team can score without touching the ball?
5. What fruit has its seeds on the outside?
6. In many liquor stores, you can buy pear brandy, with a real pear inside the bottle. The pear is whole and ripe, and the bottle is genuine; it hasn't been cut in any way. How did the pear get inside the bottle?
7. Only three words in standard English begin with the letters
"dw." They are all common. Name two of them.
8. There are fourteen punctuation marks in English grammar. Can you name half of them?
9. Where are the lakes that are referred to in the "Los Angeles Lakers?"
10. There are seven ways a baseball player can legally reach first base without getting a hit. Taking a base on balls, a walk, is one way. Name the other six.
11. It's the only vegetable or fruit that is never sold frozen, canned, processed, cooked, or in any other form but fresh. What is it?
12. Name six or more things that you can wear on your feet that begin with the letter "S."
2. Niagara Falls. The rim is worn down about two and a half feet each year because of the millions of gallons of water that rush over it every
3. Asparagus and rhubarb.
6. The pear grew inside the bottle. The bottles are placed over pear buds when they are small, and are wired in place on the tree. The bottle is left in place for the whole growing season. When the pears are ripe, they are snipped off at the
7. Dwarf, dwell, and dwindle.
8. Period, comma, colon, semicolon, dash, hyphen, apostrophe, question mark, exclamation point, quotation marks, brackets, parenthesis, braces, and
9. In Minnesota. The team was originally known as the Minneapolis Lakers and kept the name when they moved
10. Batter hit by a pitch; base on error; catcher interference; catcher drops third strike; fielders choice; and being designated as a pinch
12. Shoes, socks, sandals, sneakers, slippers, skis, skates, snowshoes, stockings, stilts.
Puzzle Books | Puzzle Magazines | Brain Teaser Games | Kindle Fun | Amazon and Your Done | Amazon Prime Free Trial | Free Kindle Reading App | Video Games | Family Night | Audible Books Free Trial | For Moms | I Love Food