April Brain Teasers
This site is owned and created by Kevin Hobbs
Brain Teasers: A brain teaser is a form of puzzle that requires thought to solve. It often requires thinking in unconventional ways with given constraints in mind; sometimes it also involves lateral thinking. Logic puzzles and riddles are specific types of brain teasers.
Today's can be found below....
Back To Daily Brain Teasers
The Daily Teaser Via E-mail For Free
Grab Bag Of Fun
1. Pam is Mary's daughter's aunt's husband's daughter's sister. What is the relationship between Pam and Mary?
2. Steve is holding a coin in his hand. If you take away half, the value of the coin doubles. What is the coin?
3. I am a three digit number.
My tens digit is five more than my ones digit.
My hundreds digit is eight less than my tens digit.
What number am I?
1. What always goes to bed with his shoes on?
2. What has teeth, And can't bite?
3. What is full of holes and holds water?
"One Word Solutions"
1. What demands an answer, but asks no questions?
2. What is it the more you take, the more you leave behind?
3. What can be seen and fills a room but doesn't take up any space?
4. What is long and slim, works in light; has but one eye, and an awful bite?
I am partially baked.
I am not completely lit.
I am a portion of the moon.
I am lesser than full wit.
I am a divider of the hour.
I am not a total lie.
I am a sibling through one parent.
Can you guess....what am I?
Do you know?
1. Which are there more of: millimeters in a mile or seconds in a month?
2. Which is heavier: 1000 kilograms or 1 ton?
3. Which is longer: 250 centimeters or 8 feet?
4. Which is larger: 3 raised to the 5th power or 5 raised to the 3rd power?
5. Which are there more of: ounces in a ton or inches in a kilometer?
There's a certain 10-digit number where the first digit is equal to the number of zeros in the entire number, the second number is the number of 1's in the entire number, and so on, to where the
10th digit is the number of 9's in the entire number. What is the number?
I am a number with the following properties:
* If I am not a multiple of 4, then I am between 60 and 69.
* If I am a multiple of 3, I am between 50 and 59.
* If I am not a multiple of 6, I am between 70 and 79.
What number am I?
1. A friend of mine's grandmother is younger than his father. How can this be possible?
2. What's the least number of chairs you would you need around a table to sit four fathers, two
grandfathers, and four sons?
3. If Dick's father is Tom's son, what relation is Dick to Tom?
My head and tail both equal are,
My middle slender as a bee.
Whether I stand on head or heel
Is quite the same to you or me.
But if my head should be cut off,
The matter's true, though passing strange
Directly I to nothing change.
What am I?
1. How many S's are there in the name of the longest river in the world?
2. What are the next two letters in this series:
A E F H I K L M ??
3. What common chemical compound is represented by the following letters:
Let Me Think About This
1. A man was telling me on a particular occasion, "The day before yesterday I was 35 years old and next year I will turn 38." How can this
2. A woman from New York married ten different men from that city, yet she did not break any laws. None of these men died and she never divorced. How was this
3. Let's say that the following arguments are true: a.
All Parkers are Franks. b. All Franks are smart. Therefore, we can conclude that all Parkers must be smart. Is this conclusion true or false?
1. Four people can sit at a table in twenty-four different arrangements. How many arrangements are
possible for seating eight people?
2. If you had a piece of paper that was 0.001 inch thick, how tall a pile would it make if it was
doubled fifty times?
When Maria went to get a passport, she had to give her real date of birth,
but under all other circumstances she refused. When somebody asked how old she
was, she said she was twenty-one, mentally omitting all Sundays. Sundays she
didn't work, so naturally she didn't get any older. How old was Maria really?
1. My friend Albert the butcher wears a size 13 shoe, is six feet tall, and wears a 42-long suit. What does he weigh?
2. See if you can translate the following?
Y Y U R Y Y U B I C U R Y Y 4 M E
3. A 30 year old man married a 25 year old woman. She died at age 50 and her husband was so devastated that he cried for years. Ten years after he stopped crying, he died. If he had lived to be 80, how many years was he a widower?
Sky likes the number 5, but not 6. She likes 32, but not 33. She likes 41, but not
Which of the following numbers does she like and not like?
Tom went to town with $50, but returned at night with $150. He bought a hat at a clothing store and some apples at the market, then he had his eyes tested. He gets paid every Thursday by check. The banks are only open on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. The eye doctor is closed on Saturday. The market stays closed on Thursday and Friday. On what day did the man go to town?
1. Each of the following groups of letters can be anagrammed into at least two words. Unscramble the letters.
2. One word among the following is the odd man out. Which one, and why?
You are working out some estimates for your boss. You can come up with a very good package for your nice little
widgets, but the packaging may be too expensive. The cost of the widget and the packaging is $1.10, and the widget is $1.00 more than the package. How much will you have to tell your boss that the package for each widget will cost?
One of the most famous puzzles in the math world is "How Old Is Ann?" Here's another variation. Ann is now exactly two-fifths of her older sister's age, and two years from now she will be one-half of her older sister's age. Conversely, two years ago, Ann was only one-fourth the age of her older sister's age at that time. How old is Ann now?
DO YOU KNOW???
1. Is an airplane's black box actually black?
2. What does Ouija in Ouija board mean?
3. Who insures the FDIC?
My first is in yesterday, but not in today;
My second is in after, but not in before;
My third is in start, and also in stop;
My fourth is the 20th letter of the English alphabet;
My fifth is in correct but not in wrong;
and my sixth is in pretty, but not in cute.
My whole is something celebrated by Christians.
What is the teaser referring to?
There's a three digit number which:
If you add seven to it it divides exactly by seven;
If you add eight to it it divides exactly by eight;
If you add nine to it it divides exactly by nine.
What is the number?
Unscramble the below 8 words.
O M M E
M I D I O
A L A R I D
S T A M Y G N
D I T Y
T A C E D
R U M E N A
L O S E O R A
1. The logic professor posted a notice on his class door: "Class is canceled today on account of spring. We will meet again at 1:00 P.M. three days after two days before the day before tomorrow." What day does the class meet?
2. Between noon and midnight, but not counting these times, how often will the minute hand and hour hand of a clock overlap?
A Little Math Fun...
1. You can replace the letters below with numbers, so that the addition will be correct numerically.
MOM + MOM + NO = BOOK
2. In a stable there are men and horses. In all, there are 22 heads and 72 feet. How many men and how many horses are in the stable?
GOING TO THE MOVIES....
1. If you go to the movies and you're paying, is it cheaper to take one friend to the movies twice, or two friends to the movies at the same time?
2. Four couples are going to the movies. Each row holds eight seats. Betty and Jim don't want to sit next to Alice and Tom, and Alice and Tom don't want to sit next to Gertrude and Bill. On the other hand, Sally and Bob don't want to sit next to Betty and Jim. How can the couples arrange themselves so that they all sit where they would like?
A grandfather clock chimes the appropriate number of times to indicate the hour, as well as chiming once at each quarter hour. If you were in another room and heard the clock chime just once, what would be the longest period of time you would have to wait in order to be certain of the correct time?
H, Be, F, S, Mn, Kr, In, Gd, Tl, ?
What's the next in the series?
1. At first glance it appears she made a profit of $200, however this is not the case. She made a total profit of $400 since she made $200 profit each time she sold the car.
2. Poseidon finishes the group. These Greek gods were associated with the four elements (air, fire, earth and water, respectively).
Three Quickies For Today
1. Mary's husband's father-in-law is Mary's husband's brother's
mother-in-law, and Mary's sister-in-law is Mary's brother's stepmother. How did this happen?
2. Double my number, I'm less than a score, half of my number is less than four. Add one to my double when bakers are near, days of the week are still greater, I fear. What am I?
3. Can you name three consecutive days without using the words Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday?
Puzzle Books | Puzzle Magazines | Brain Teaser Games | Kindle Fun | Amazon and Your Done | Amazon Prime Free Trial | Free Kindle Reading App | Video Games | Family Night | Audible Books Free Trial | For Moms | I Love Food